Founded in 2001 by Dee Boehner, the Kidz2Kidz Trust (IT2671/2009) is a Public Benefits Organisation (PBO930031301) as set out in Section 30 of the Income Tax Act ("The Act). NPO 102-098. The Kidz2Kidz organization, based in South Africa, facilitates projects for children in need. Through our work, we aim to teach children the 'art of giving' and to create an awareness and consciousness of others less fortunate than ourselves.
Kidz2Kidz Trust Projects are run by volunteers around South Africa.
Currently we support various deserving institutions including:
- Homes for abandoned, neglected and abused children
- Homes for children living with Life threatening illnesses
- Educare centres where children are left with caregivers during the day and sometimes at night
- Feeding schemes set up in poverty stricken areas
Various projects form part of the Kidz2Kidz Trust initiatives, including the Santa Shoebox project which enables donors, especially children, to provide a special gift for a child less fortunate than themselves.
Spearheaded by Dee Boehner the Santa Shoebox project originated in Cape Town in 2006, with national coordinator Irene' Pieters, communications coordinator Cecilia Knyttte-Gronwall and Leeza McCloskey coordinating the Gauteng area all joining in 2007. Sabine Heckscher joined in 2008 to assist with the Logistics of distribution to more than 8500 children.
In 2006 180 impoverished children received a Santa Shoebox gift from the Kidz2Kidz Orgainization. By 2008 more than 8500 children and in 2011 Kidz2Kidz with the help and sponsorship from Laser Warehousing and Logistics distibuted 70 000 Santa Shoebox gifts across the country.
In 2012 we need you to help us reach 100 000 little hearts. click on www.santashoebox.co.za
All the projects are aimed at teaching the "Art of Giving", be it of material worth, time, knowledge or skills - it is those small acts of kindness.
Kidz2Kidz aims to teach children across South Africa the "art of giving" as part of their daily lives by exposing them and including them in our various projects.
Kidz2Kidz Trust achieves it's Vision as a liaison organization between the donors and the recipients by acting as a Facilitator between the various parties concerned ensuring that:
- Projects are initiated to benefit needy Children
- Children learn the"art of giving" through their involvement in the various projects run by the Kidz2Kidz organization
- Donations received are distributed to the needy communities
- An abundance of giving is created through the Kidz2Kidz Santa Shoebox Project
- Communities are built and empowered through fundraising and skills development